Monday 6 October 2008

I SHALL TRIUMPH




I am weary of life
So I wear a smile
To wear away the time,
But my folks don't like it,
They want to kill that smile,
They seek my treasures
So they could plunder it,
Yet I smile with pleasure
Because it's beyond their reach.

I shall endure
I shall not cry,
It's they who will cry
For failing to make me cry,
They rage in their anger,
I smile in endurance.
Though the air around me turn to blaze,
And the earth disappear beneath my feet,
I shall not cry.

I have been made double,
Reinforced and fortified,
Undaunted i shall go
Through this stage in triumph,
Breaking fetters and crushing obstacles.
I shall always dare
To do the best I can,
For when my body can no more endure,
My soul will triumph.

I shall dare
To take on the good fight,
I shall not be deterred
When the path I tread is right.
At the source I received
The power to stand my trials
And my folks shall behold me
Crested in triumph.

No comments: