Monday 6 October 2008

I STAND ALONE!



I stand alone
With a yearning soul
Striving with heart and hands To do the fair and just
And live my live alone.
I stand here adamant

Shunning parties and cohorts

Begging no one's favor

With the truth as my pillar

I stand solid and rest strong.
Here I stand alone
With my dreams and hopes

Fighting for my desires to be fulfilled.

Longing to satisfy my soul
Clinging to the wings of time.
I stand alone
Expecting help from no man
To shore up my treasures
As I battle through this life
Ready to run a straight race.
I stand with my dignity
Running and cutting my course
Like a running brook
Through valleys and hills
Reaching for the wide wild sea.
I stand here alone
To fight against falsehood
I stand against the congregation
That device wickedly for others
Against pretenders and hypocrites.
Alone i stood on a pinnate,
Perused the earthly kingdoms
Despising their temporary honours
Refusing to worship at their shrines
With a yearning beyond mortal limits.
I stand boldly alone
With my hope in God
Fearing no one, seeking no favour
In peace or strife, I stand or fall
Just by myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is the best i've read in a long time,its so honest i can relate to it
anchor......